What is tradie2trainer?
South Australian training providers are struggling to attract qualified trainers. We know that there are many existing workers in the building and construction industry with immense knowledge of their trade or vocation who would be able to provide quality training to the next generation of workers at the standard the construction industry expects.
tradie2trainer is at no cost to the participant and aims to upskill existing workers to become a trainer, thereby sharing and passing on knowledge and skills for the benefit of the industry.
See the program guidelines below for further information.
What is included in tradie2trainer?
Participants who successfully complete the tradie2trainer program will receive:
- certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- training in Word, Excel, PowerPoint (if required)
- work experience opportunities from CITB endorsed training providers
- a working with children check (if required)
Am I eligible for tradie2trainer?
Those eligible to participate include the following:
- full or part-time employed, including contractors and sub-contractors.
- injured workers seeking a pathway to return to work.
- individuals recently retired from the construction industry.
- construction industry employees who are living and working in South Australia.
How can I apply for the program?
The recruitment process for 2022 has been finalised. Successful applicants have been notified.
If you wish to apply for the 2023 program please email your name, contact details and trade to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know once expressions of interest for 2023 are open.