Statement of Completion
Once your project is completed you may be required to complete a Statement of Completion (SOC).
The details we require are the:
- final project value (including GST)
- date of completion
CITB automatically sends reminders to project owners to assess the final value of projects, via email 60 days after the project completion date. CITB refer to this as the ‘Statement of Completion’ (SOC) process.
- If the total value of the works has increased by $50,000 or more the project owner will need to pay an additional levy amount
- If the value has decreased by $50,000 or more the project owner may be entitled to a refund
When am I entitled to a refund?
You may be eligible for a levy refund if your construction project:
- was cancelled
- didn't go ahead
- completed value has decreased by $50,000 or more
If you meet any of the above criteria please:
Email our Levy Support team with 'Refund' and your 'Project ID number' in the subject line.
A Refund Application Form requires the following supporting documentation:
- Confirmation from local council confirming withdrawal of building approval (email/letter)
- Cancellation letter between client (if applicable)
- Reason for cancellation