This program does not result in accreditation against a unit of competency.
Upon completion of this course participants will gain:
- An overview of the AutoCAD Interface
- Understanding of the Cartesian Coordinate system
- Ability to create a basic drawing using modify commands, object snaps and polar tracking
- Ability to create and manage layers
- Ability to use object properties, measurement tools, advanced editing commands, blocks in the drawing environment, hatching techniques adding dimensions
To provide people in the Building Industry with a basic knowledge and skills in the use of Computer Aided Drafting, in particular 2D application. People in the Building Industry who wish to develop an understanding in the application of CAD and how it can be incorporated into their job, work and/or business.