HomeCoursesOH&S for electrical workers in conj with NBB002
OH&S for electrical workers in conj with NBB002
This program does not result in accreditation against a unit of competency.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Carry out a workplace safety check
- Identify potential workplace hazards and safest measures for accident prevention
- Develop the knowledge and skills that are essential for working safely with electrical tools or equipment
- Describe the method of rescuing a person in contact with live electrical conductors or equipment
- Describe the essential requirements of emergency first aid for an electrical shock victim and perform CPR on a mannequin
To provide the participant with the knowledge & skills to employ safe procedures for personal working in the electrical/electronic environment. This is a requirement under the Electricity (general) Regulations 1997 whereby "persons required to carry out or help in carrying out electrical work must be suitable trained in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with recognised practices in the electricity industry.