HomeCoursesUse of extinguishers & hose reels & fire blankets
Use of extinguishers & hose reels & fire blankets
PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
1. Prepare for emergency situations
2. Identify and assess the emergency
3. Safely confine emergencies where possible
4. Use initial response equipment
5. Report workplace emergency response
This unit covers the competency required to confine small workplace emergencies.
Small workplace emergencies may include such incidents as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher; or a chemical spill that can be controlled using workplace personal protective clothing and equipment, and a small spill kit; or a workplace vehicle accident where there is no significant injury or damage.