HomeCoursesWaterproofing for domestic wet areas – internal and external
Waterproofing for domestic wet areas – internal and external
This course is non-accredited and does not result in a unit of competency. You may be able to seek RPL for the accredited unit of competency if you are wishing to pursue further training in this vocation. Speak to your RTO if this is of interest to you
This program does not result in accreditation against a unit of competency.
Upon completion of this course participants will gain knowledge of:
- Common failures and reasons
- Wet area requirements under the BCA
- Minister's Specifications
- Water proofing membranes
- Component to component compatibility
- AS 4654.2-2012, waterproofing membranes for external above ground use, design principles and practical applications of the Standard.
- External Wet Area defect identification and common industry practices.
An overwhelming majority of construction work failures are linked to faulty waterproofing. This course focuses on the Building Code of Australia (BCA), Australian Standard and Minister's Specifications relating to waterproofing of wet areas including external areas.