This program does not result in accreditation against a unit of competency.
Upon completion of this course participants will gain knowledge of:
- Common failures and reasons
- Wet area requirements under the BCA
- AS3740 Waterproofing of wet areas within residential buildings
- Minister's Specifications
- Water proofing membranes
- Component to component compatibilities
An overwhelming majority of construction work failures are linked to faulty waterproofing. This course focuses on the Building Code of Australia (BCA), Australian Standard and Minister's Specifications relating to waterproofing of wet areas.
You will learn installation methods, treatment, product application and best practice.