Advanced Skills Program
D2C Flexible Industry Pathway (continued)
As part of the new doorways2construction Flexible Industry Pathways (FIPs) commencing from 2022, we will be introducing CITB Year 12 Advanced Skills Clusters as the year 12 offering within Building and Construction, Electrotechnology and Plumbing FIPs.
Advanced Skills Clusters provides stackable VET options for students within a FIP, who have completed a relevant Certificate II qualification and have not secured a school-based apprenticeship. The program aims to enhance the students’ vocational learning and skills, and provide additional opportunities to engage with industry through Industry Immersion opportunities and work placements.
CITB’s support for registered students in a Advanced Skills Cluster:
- Subsidise the training costs up to $2,000 for registered students
- Hi Viz shirt with doorways2construction logo (to co-brand see below)
- Top up PPE Pack for each registered student that includes ear plugs, safety specs, gloves and a glove clip
- Access to CITB Industry Immersion Programs
- Access to information on CITB incentives like career driven in which we are funding drivers license lessons for students and first year apprentices
Programs that are currently supported by CITB are:
- Introduction to Civil Construction - $2,000/student
- Advanced Bricklaying and Blocklaying - $2,000/student
- Advanced Carpentry Safety Skills - $2,000/student
- Advanced Carpentry Skills - $2,000/student
- Advanced Wall and Floor Tiling - $2,000/student
- Advanced Painting and Decorating - $2,000/student
- Advanced Plumbing - $2,000/student
- Advanced Solid Plastering - $2,000/student
- Advanced Wall and Ceiling Lining - $2,000/student
- Advanced Electrotechnology: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning - $1,250/student
- Advanced Electrotechnology: Data and Voice Communications – $1,250/student
How can my school provide an Advanced Skills Cluster?
Firstly, schools will need to have an agreement in place with a CITB endorsed RTO. Remember, to get the CITB subsidies the training provider must be a CITB Endorsed Training Provider.
Secondly, once you have an agreement with an RTO you can register your program online.
What if my student would like to do a D2C Advanced Skills Cluster that is not being hosted by a school?
Endorsed RTO’s can register programs that have been established under Minister Agreements.
Students will be able to register for a CITB number and have access to our support under these arrangements.
Introduction to Civil Construction?
CITB will be subsiding the delivery of the Introduction to Civil Construction under the same criteria as the Advanced Skills Clusters.
How to register your Advanced Skills Program?
If your school is running a construction Advanced Skills Cluster, please register your program. Funding will be provided directly to the RTO. Details regarding the criteria can be found within the registration form.
How can my students register?
Firstly, make sure your program is registered (see above). This will allow us to populate your school onto our registration link for students.
Secondly, get your construction students to register for a CITB number or download our new myCITB app. Registering is easy and will only take 5 minutes. Make sure your students know what their program focus is, where the program is being delivered, and have a little time set aside.
How can we co-brand the Hi Viz shirts with our school logo?
To co-brand the Hi Viz shirt please contact our supplier directly. Bianco Construction Supplies on 08 8366 6666.
Can I speak to someone?
Absolutely! Our D2C Contacts are Toni and Steph. They can be contacted via phone on 08 8172 9500 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org