doorways2construction in the news!
7 News, December 2018
D2C students from the Salisbury High School program complete house renovations and hand the project back to Housing SA and new tenant.
Southern Cross News SA, November 2018
D2C students from Samaritan College in Whyalla have completed year-long renovation works on semi-detached units ready for new tenants.
9 News, May 2018
House renovations for the Housing SA project is in full swing with students from the D2C Salisbury High School program.
- Create more awareness of the building and construction industry among young people
- Provide students with accurate information about career opportunities and the tools necessary to successfully seek work in the industry
- Develop basic skills that students can take into the industry
- Training: D2C™ Certificate I or II - Construction in Year 11, and partial Certificate III D2C™ Plus in Year 12
- Experience: 3 weeks work placement
- Career advice, site visits, career talks
- White Card: generic Workplace, Health and Safety (WHS) induction requirements in the building and construction industry
- Training in Asbestos Awareness & KESAB Clean Site
Information for Parents & Students
Get your foot in the door!
Download a copy of participating schools and check out the Google Map below.