Find out what’s involved in being an electrician with a leading South Australian electrical business. You will be supported by industry professionals who have an interest in attracting more females to the electrical trades.
Register your interest
This is a unique opportunity for doorways2construction and D2C Plus students to undertake a week of work placement. The skills you learn can help you to:
- Make decisions about a career in electrical.
- Get valuable exposure to the electrical trades.
- Find out about different apprenticeship options – you can start an apprenticeship and still complete your SACE.
Benefits of working as an electrician are:
- Work anywhere; one day you could be working on a building site, the next day at a residential property.
- Travel opportunities – a trade career can take you anywhere.
- Job prospects are high as data communications and information technology is increasing.
- Licensed electricians are valued and well-paid.
An electrical career offers a variety of trades, some of these are mentioned below:
- Building and construction
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Fire systems
- Security and communications
- Lift electrician
Register your interest in two steps
- Let your D2C teacher know you are interested in electrical work placement.
- Fill out your details on the below form and we will get in touch with you and provide more details.
Register your interest with CITB
You have received this information because you have a CITB
CITB PRIVACY STATEMENT