Eligibility to obtain CITB Funding Support
To be eligible an applicant must reside in South Australia and fulfill at least one of the following five criteria:
1. must be employed by an Eligible Organisation which is deemed to be:
- an organisation with an active listing on the Australian Business Register (ABR), and
- can demonstrate that 80% or more of the organisations revenue is generated through performance of construction work as defined in Schedule 1 of the Act.
2. be an Eligible Person which is deemed to be:
- primarily employed in the housing, commercial or civil sector of the building and construction industry,
- undertaking work as detailed in Schedule1 of the Act, and
- employed by an CITB eligible employer
3. Apprentices and trainees which are deemed to be:
- under an active Training Contract (TC) as advised by Trainee and Apprenticeship Services (TAS), irrespective of their eligible employer status, or
- completing a CITB approved qualification as published on the CITB website.
Note: The apprenticeship can be either full-time, school-based or part-time.
4. Trainers and teachers who are deemed to be:
- qualified trainers who deliver training services to the SA building and construction industry if:
a) they work for a CITB endorsed training provider, maintain the requisite industry currency criteria and deliver full-time training in a CITB approved building and construction qualification or short course; or
b) if training part-time, are also working in the SA building and construction industry, as defined by Schedule 1 of the Act
- Teachers registered with an approved Doorways 2 Construction (D2C) school and who are directly delivering an approved CITB D2C program
Migrants will be considered on a case by case basis where they hold a:
- a skilled migrant with internationally recognised trade credentials, and
- hold a subclass temporary or permanent skilled migration visa
Terms and conditions of eligibility
- eligibility criteria can be amended at any time at the discretion of CITB