CITB Additional Apprentice Incentives are available to eligible employers of construction apprentices commencing from 1 October 2019.
What Incentive Funding is Available?
There are two streams of Additional Apprentice Incentive funding:
1. In-Demand Qualification Incentive
Eligible employers who hire a first-year apprentice undertaking an in-demand qualification will be funded to a maximum of $2,500 per eligible apprentice.
2. Equity Group Incentive
The Equity Group Incentive is a once-off payment of $500 to employers who hire apprentices who meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- New Employer that has not had an apprentice registered in the CITB database in the last four years and is an in-demand qualification.
- Regional - 100 km or more outside of the Adelaide GPO. Click here for a list of eligible postcodes.
- Long term unemployed - out of the workforce and has not received any income (other than government benefits) for 12 months or longer.
As of 17 February 2020, CITB is supporting New Employers of apprentices to a maximum of $2,500 per eligible apprentice. Eligible apprentices are those who are undertaking one of the following qualifications; carpentry, carpentry and joinery, electrotechnology electrician, data and voice communications, and plumbing.
- CITB Funding is neither automatic nor an entitlement. It is made available as a grant on application against prescribed criteria and conditions.
- Due to the nature of its operations and requirements set out in the CITF Act 1993 the Board accepts no forward liability beyond the current financial year.
- Rates may be changed at any time at the discretion of the Board.
- CITB Additional Apprentice Incentive funding is only available while funds last, or until 31 March 2020.
To be considered eligible it is important that the official commencement date of the apprenticeship occurs after you have registered your interest.
Next Steps ...
1. Register your interest on the below form.
2. A CITB officer will contact you within two business days to discuss your registration.
Registration of Interest
Your submission is being processed…
Click here to find out about Australian Government financial incentives for hiring an apprentice.