CITB Additional Apprentice Incentives are available to eligible employers of construction apprentices that commenced an apprenticeship from 1st October 2020.
What Incentive Funding is Available?
There are two streams of Additional Apprentice Incentive funding:
1. In-Demand Qualification Incentive
Eligible employers who hire a first-year apprentice undertaking an in-demand qualification will be funded to a maximum of $2,500 per eligible apprentice.
2. Equity Group Incentive
A once-off payment of $500 is available to employers who hire apprentices who meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- New Employer - An employer that has not had an apprentice registered in the CITB database in the last four years*
- Regional - 100 km or more outside of the Adelaide GPO. Click here for a list of eligible postcodes.
- Long term unemployed - Out of the workforce and has not received any income (other than government benefits) for 12 months or longer.
New Employers of apprentices undertaking a non-in-demand qualification will be funded to a maximum of $2,500 per eligible apprentice.
To be eligible, the apprentice must have commenced after 1st October 2020, and the employer must have applied within three months of the apprenticeship training contract.
- CITB Funding is neither automatic nor an entitlement. It is made available as a grant on application against prescribed criteria and conditions.
- Due to the nature of its operations and requirements set out in the CITF Act 1993 the Board accepts no forward liability beyond the current financial year.
- Rates may be changed at any time at the discretion of the Board.
- CITB Additional Apprentice Incentive funding is only available while funds last, or until 30 June 2021.
Next steps ...
Find out what you may be eligible for by filling out the pre-approval form.
Pre-approval application form
Your submission is being processed…
Terms and Conditions for Additional Apprentice Incentives Funding
State and Federal financial incentives for hiring an apprentice