Apprentice Training Support
CITB provides funding support for employers of apprentices and trainees in the building and construction industry to contribute to the costs of off-job and on-job training, supervision, and assessment.
How is ATS funding paid?
Am I eligible for ATS funding?
To be eligible for funding, you, as the registered employer must be:
- CITB Eligible
- meet CITB funding criteria
Your apprentice must be:
- in an active Training Contract (TC)
- undertaking a CITB endorsed qualification
- have an approved CITB number
Employer Funding Conditions
Eligible employers receiving the payments must:
- Comply with the obligations described in the TC and supporting Training Plan (TP) lodged with the relevant State Government department.
- Ensure the apprentice/trainee is still employed AND in an active training contract for the claim period.
- Agree to pay the relevant RTO directly for all off-site and associated trade training and assessment costs for the eligible apprentices/trainees supported by the CITB payment.
- Acknowledge that CITB will seek to recover any payment made that is not compliant with funding criteria.
Claims and the employer’s responsibilities:
Please note there may be an issue with your claim if you have not notified CITB within 10 working days for any of the following:
- Change of business address, phone number, email or ABN.
- Apprentice/Trainee suspension, cancellation of Training Contract or completion of apprenticeship.
- You must also notify Trainee & Apprenticeship Services (TAS) of these changes on 1800 673 097 or visit Skills SA to download and submit a form.
Check your claim anytime
Did you know that you can check your claim online at any time using the Employer Login.
CITB Essential Information for Users and Recipients of CITB Services