What is SBATS funding?
CITB are funding eligible employers with school based apprentices/trainees to contribute to the pipeline of young skilled workers needed for South Australia’s building and construction industry.
SBATS funding is available for new training contracts commencing on or after 1 July 2022 and can be received in addition to the Apprentice Training Support (ATS) funding available for post school apprenticeships.
In addition to the SBATS funding, your apprentices may be eligible for direct support from CITB. For further information on what CITB offer apprentices visit Apprentice Incentives.
How is SBATS funding paid to an employer?
CITB will fund up to $2,500.00 per school-based apprentice/trainee:
- $1,250 paid after your apprentice/trainee completes their training contract probationary period (after 3 months)
- $1,250 paid after your apprentice/trainee completes their SACE and transitions to a full-time or part-time training contract
Am I eligible for SBATS funding?
To be eligible for funding, you, as the registered employer must be:
- CITB eligible
- meet CITB funding criteria
Your apprentice must be:
- in an active School Based apprenticeship with a start date on or after 1 July 2022
- undertaking a CITB endorsed qualification
- have an approved CITB number
Employer Funding Conditions
Eligible employers receiving the payments must:
- Comply with the obligations described in the TC and supporting Training Plan (TP) lodged with the relevant State Government department.
- Ensure the apprentice/trainee is still employed AND in an active training contract for the claim period.
- Agree to pay the relevant RTO directly for all off-site and associated trade training and assessment costs for the eligible apprentices/trainees supported by the CITB payment.
- Acknowledge that CITB will seek to recover any payment made that is not compliant with funding criteria.
Claims and the Employer’s Responsibilities:
Please note there may be an issue with your claim if you have not notified CITB within 10 working days for any of the following:
- Change of business address, phone number, email or ABN.
- Apprentice/Trainee suspension, cancellation of Training Contract or completion of apprenticeship.
- You must also notify Trainee & Apprenticeship Services (TAS) of these changes on 1800 673 097 or visit Skills SA to download and submit a form.
Check your claim anytime
Did you know that you can check your claim online at any time using the Employer Login.