Government Financial Incentives
The Australian Government offers allowances, reimbursements and financial incentives for your business if you employ an apprentice.
Government of South Australia - Skilled Careers
- Travel and Accommodation Allowance
- Equipped for Work (equipment or services)
Australian Government - Employer Incentives
- Additional Identified Skills Shortage Payment
- Support for Adult Australian Apprentices
- Assistance for Australian Apprentices with disability
- Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy
Click here to read about financial support for Australian Apprentices.
Hosted Employment through a Group Training Organisation
- Flexible on-demand placement
- Hourly rate
- CITB funding support is received through a discounted hourly rate
- Minimal paper work
Group Training Organisations
Direct Employment under a Training Contract
- Award wages
- 3-4 year Training Contract
- Direct CITB support available
- Candidate selection
- Tailored off-job training
Taking on a school-based apprentice (SBA) is a flexible and cost-effective alternative for employers who are keen to take on a part-time apprentice while meeting the needs and demands of their business. The student benefits by experiencing life in the workplace, earning an income and the opportunity to work toward gaining a formal qualification while at school.
- Award wages
- Apprentice/Trainee can obtain their SACE
- Trade School Support funding available
Find a School-based Apprentice
Employers can select apprentice candidates from a pool of work-ready, partial-Cert III qualified students from the doorways2construction™ (D2C) program. Students come into the workplace with White Card, PPE gear, on-job experience and a good work ethic.
In their senior school years, students engage in construction training with a CITB Endorsed Training Provider while continuing to complete their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE). This affords employers the opportunity to look at a School Based Apprenticeship as a possible employment tool.
The program is run in over 40 schools across the state with student participation from Years 10-12. D2C industry pathway programs include general construction, plumbing and civil and provide a broad and general introduction to the industry.
Endorsed by the CITB, the D2C program is South Australia’s premier Vocational Education and Training (VET) in schools program for the building and construction industry.
To source a D2C apprentice please contact a CITB Field Officer on 1800 739 839.