Who is required to pay for trade school fees?
Reimbursement of training costs is the responsibility of the employer.
Training fees and textbook costs need to be reimbursed within:
- 6 months of starting the apprenticeship or a stage of the apprenticeship (eg. start of second year) or;
- 3 months of starting training with the training organisation (whichever is later).
This information is within the following awards:
- Building and Construction General On-site Award [MA000020]
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Contracting Award [MA000025]
- Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award [MA000036]