One thousand reasons to finish your first year!
Completing your first year of an apprenticeship gives you skills. Gives you confidence. And with CITB, it also gives you cash.
What the? How does this work?
All eligible apprentices receive a $500 incentive payment which is paid once you have completed the 4th month of your Training Contract and after your Training Contract has been approved .You will also receive a further $1000 payment when you complete the first year of your training contract.
How do I know if I am eligible?
In order to be eligible, you need:
- an approved CITB number as an apprentice/trainee
- an approved training contract which states your start date as on or after November 2021.
- to be a first year apprentice in a new training contract (not a recommencement)
- to be undertaking a CITB eligible Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification with a CITB eligible employer
- apply for a CITB number as an apprentice within the first year of your training contract
How do I apply?
Apply for a CITB number, or if you have one renew it to let us know you have an apprenticeship.
When do I receive my payments?
You will receive $500 at the end of the 4th
month of your Training Contract and $1,000 at the end of the 13th
month of your Training Contract.
If I quit my apprenticeship, do I have to give the money back?
No, you are not obliged to repay any money.
How will I be paid?
The funds will arrive in your nominated bank account via EFT (electronic funds transfer).
Do I need to provide you with my bank details?
If you haven’t already given us your bank details, we will contact you once you complete your probation.
Why is my CITB number not approved yet?
We will confirm your eligibility with your employer and then contact you with more details.