How long does my CITB number last for?
CITB Numbers expire at different times, based on your approval status.
Are approved for four years before they will automatically expire, unless renewed.
Are approved for the term of the apprenticeship. On completion, a reminder will be sent to renew.
Are approved for one year in year 11, and can renew in year 12 for another year (if completing an Advanced Skills Cluster).
Why is my CITB number on hold?
There are a few reasons why your CITB number is put on hold:
- We are waiting on confirmation of your training contract
- A previous employer has notified us that your details have changed
- A training provider has notified us that your details have changed
- Your details are deemed to be incorrect, or your application is incomplete
- We are waiting on confirmation of your employment
- Your employer is not registered with CITB.
If your CITB number is put on hold you, will receive a notification to provide further detail.
My CITB number was previously approved, but I have received a notification that it’s now declined. What happened?
There are a few reasons you may have been declined:
- If a CITB number has been ‘on hold’ for 3 months, the CITB number will automatically be declined. If you are still living in SA and working in the SA building and construction industry, you can renew your CITB number online
- If you have renewed your CITB number and are no longer living in SA or working in the SA building and construction industry, you are no longer eligible for a CITB number.