- Provides access to subsidised training for apprentices their employers and workers in the industry.
- Promotes and supports careers in construction.
- Advises the SA Government on industry training.
- Supports training innovation research and planning.
- Attracts our future workforce through vocational training in schools by supporting the doorways2construction® program.
To engage, advise and invest in the essential skills, training and education to advance the State’s construction industry.
- To promote careers in construction.
- To facilitate and support the delivery and development of high quality, innovative training programs.
- To support our industry workforce to adapt, change and develop through education, information, incentives and advice.
- To provide trusted information and advice sourced from our data, research and networks. This information and advice supports decision making in our industry and government.
- To support our industry by responsibly managing the Construction Industry Training Fund through sound governance and accountable administration.
The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) was created at the request of the SA building and construction industry. It is established by an Act of Parliament (The Construction Industry Training Fund Act 1993).
The Act and Regulations can be downloaded below, together with the second reading speech to give some context to its drafting.
CITF Act & Regulations
Essential Information for Users and Recipients of CITB Services
Website Terms and Conditions