CITB Training Subsidies for Construction Workers
- The CITB provides access to subsidised training for over 200 short courses to make training more affordable and accessible to the South Australian Building and Construction Industry.
- Construction workers can access up to $3,000 worth of subsidised training in any given 12 month period.
- Training is provided by CITB endorsed Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and training providers across metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia.
- To receive the CITB training subsidy you will need a valid CITB number.
- Scroll for information about training subsidies for apprentices/trainees.
What do I have to do?
- Make sure your CITB number is current and valid. Find my CITB Number
- If your CITB number has expired you must apply to have your number renewed (allow 2 business days). Renew my CITB number
- To receive the subsidy ensure the training organisation and the course are endorsed by the CITB. Find a Course
- Upon booking in for a course give your CITB number to the Registered Training Organisation.
If you do not have a CITB number please make an online application. Apply for a CITB number
Allow two business days for processing. The outcome of your application will be sent to you via the mobile number and/or email address you entered.
CITB Training Subsidies for Apprentices & Trainees
- CITB provide training subsidies for almost 40 construction-related courses that will assist apprentices/trainees on their career path.
- The apprentice/trainee can claim up to $3,000 worth of subsidised training in any given 12 month period.
- To receive subsidised training the apprentice/trainee must have a CITB number and be under a valid Training Contract with Regulation and Contract Management.
Examples of Training Subsidies
Subsidies vary depending on the complexity of the training, course hours and whether plant operation is required. Samples of subsidies include:
||RTO Training Cost
(the cost of training varies across RTOs)
||What you pay
|Safe Working at Heights
If you have used your CITB number to receive training subsidies in the past you can perform a search to find the course details. Training History Search
Find a CITB endorsed RTO using the map.
Short Course Funding - Resources